There are so many times when you are the unfortunate victim of bacterial infections and looking for some immediate help in this regard. It is also stated to be a macrolide form of antibiotic when you are actually aiming towards the use of proper medication, which goes by the name of Zithromax. It can work promisingly by stopping the present bacterial growth, and prevent you from the pain and stiffness you have been suffering for so long, as a result of this bacterial growth.
However, you should remember that this medicine is not going to work for any of the viral infections like flu or common cold. Misuse or unnecessary use of any kind of antibiotic, even this one, can easily lead to decreased effectiveness for now.
Ways you have to use this kind of tablet:
Whenever you are purchasing this medicine, you will be given a patient leaflet. It is perfect for the first timers. You better check out with the doctors or pharmacists before refilling as you don’t know if you have to continue it or not. If you have any question growing in your mind, get it solved by asking the doctor or pharmacist right now.
- It is normally directed by the doctor to take this medicine orally, mostly once daily with or even without food. There is no hard and fast rule on that. In case the stomach upset occurs, then you can take this medicine with food and avoid that issue right from the start. The dosage solely depends on the present medical condition that you are suffering from and even the response of your health to the treatment.
- For some best and effective result, remember to take this medicine at evenly spaced out timing. To help you with the medicine intake, it is advised to take this medicine at the same time every time. It will also help you to keep a track of the number of medicines you have taken already and if that helped at all or not. If it is not working, don’t waste time and call doctors right away!
- Make sure to continue this medicine to complete the full prescribed amount. You should continue this dose even when the symptoms are all gone after few days. Stopping medicine right in the middle will allow the bacteria to grow and result in return of the said infection. So, you have to kill the bacteria once and for all. For that, completing the dosage is important.
- Remember that antacids comprise of magnesium or aluminum, which can decrease the present absorption of Azithromycin, in case you are planning to take both the options at the same time. If you have already taken one antacid with such ingredients within, then wait for a minimum of 2 hours before you can try taking help of this formulation, Azithromycin, for help.
Heading towards drug interactions:
During interactions can easily change the current flow of how the medicines might work or can easily increase the risk for any of the serious side effects. This document will not have all the possible form of drug interactions. Make sure to keep a promising list of all products that you are using, like prescribed or non-prescription drugs and even herbal items, and then share the info with your doctor and pharmacist. Avoid starting, stopping or even changing the dosage on your own without getting approval from doctors.
- Even though, most of the antibiotics are unlikely to try hitting the hormonal birth controls like patch, pill or ring, there are still some of those antibiotics like rifabutin or rifampin, which can decrease the effectiveness of it all. It can easily result in pregnancy. In case, you are using the hormonal birth control, make sure to ask the expert for some added details in this regard.
- Some of the drugs other than Azithromycin can also affect the rhythm of heart. Some of those options included in this list are dronedarone, ibutilide, disopyramide, dofetilide, pimozide, procainamide, amiodarone, sotalol, quinidine, and so many other options over here, for you to give it a try.
Heading for the overdose:
In case, someone was unlucky enough for the overdose and has some of the serious symptoms like trouble in breathing or passing out, you better give a call to the expert for help. You might have to give a call to the poison control center immediately. The US residents can also give a call at the poison controlling center at 1-800-222-1222. Others can opt for the provisional poison control and get the issue covered, ASAP.
- It is always mandatory to not share this kind of medicine with others. Not all bodies are same. So, taking this medicine without consulting a doctor is not advised.
- This medicine will be prescribed for present condition only. Avoid using it later for covering other infections unless the doctor recommends you to do so. For other cases, different other medicines are necessary.
- If you ever miss any dose, try to take it whenever you remember without wasting time. If you remember to take this medicine during the time of second dose, then skip that missed one and resume usual dosing schedule. Avoid doubling up the dose just for catching up the miss.
- In terms of storage, make sure to store this medicine at room temperature and away from moisture and light. Avoid storing the medicine in bathroom and make sure to keep all the medicines away from pets and children.
Never try to flush the medicines down the toilet or just pour them into drain unless you are instructed to do so. For you, properly discarding the items when it has expired or not needed any longer, is important. For that, you can consult your local waste disposing company or pharmacists.
You are asked to log online at RXShopMD.com and get the medicine right in hand. This store might even offer some discounts on these selected medicines for a certain time. So, make sure to follow that norm right away over here for sure.